Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism. It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We're growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.Asset and Wealth Management is a fast growing business with a unique audit division offering a broad range of services, tailored to assist Asset management clients grow and overcome the complex challenges they face. Our national practice of Pensions Assurance specialists provides audit services to a broad and diverse range of pension schemes including defined benefit, defined contribution and Master Trust arrangements.
As a Senior Associate, you'll gain in-depth knowledge into how pension schemes run, gain direct access to internal stakeholders and clients and work with an unrivalled range of organisations we audit.You'll be working as part of a growing team across the UK to provide insight and value through performing the statutory audit of UK pension schemes.You will be working as part of a team to undertake audit work across a portfolio of clients and having regular interactions with a number of key clients.
You'll use cutting edge technology and work collaboratively on various pension audit engagements. You'll develop specialist audit knowledge and play a key role in maintaining our high standards of audit quality.
A rewarding career path awaits, join our team to develop yourself as a professional and benefit from the wide range of development opportunities available at PwC.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Using your team and relationship management skills to ensure that your's and the audit team's documentation - from planning to completion of an Audit, meets PwC and regulatory standards;
- Completing a variety of areas of audit work which includes the identification of issues, analysis of data, articulation of findings and the ability to draw informed conclusions;
- Building meaningful relationships and demonstrating curiosity that will allow you to have insightful conversations and provide visible challenge during the Audit;
- Delegating to others to provide learning opportunities and coaching to help deliver the most effective audit approach;
- Building connections across teams and specialist areas within PwC, managing a variety of views and consulting where appropriate;
- Developing new insights and proposing innovative solutions to help enhance audit quality; and
- Put the team first by coaching with purpose, being present with the team and openly communicating expectations.
- Be Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified accountant (or international equivalent) or have equivalent work experience in Audit (including international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience);
- Experience of IFRS and/or UK GAAP and international standards on auditing;
- Strong organisational skills, experience of undertaking audit from planning to completion and a track record of challenging yourself and others to complete high quality testing and documentation;
- Ability to establish and nurture relationships which includes communicating clearly with colleagues and organisations we audit;
- Ability to review the work of others', providing commentary and feedback to support the teams technical development and enhance audit quality;
- Takes pride in their work and in the Audit profession. Shows resilience and demonstrates dedication to self development including being agile and innovative in the digital world.
Find out more about our PwC office locations.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.