We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.Tax Compliance Academy
Our Tax Compliance Services team is a leading provider of technology enabled compliance services, working across a range of prestigious clients supporting their corporate tax, VAT, personal tax and accounting compliance affairs.
Our team spans multiple locations across the UK and we work collaboratively, as one team, with overseas centres. The deadline for applying to this role is midnight on 1st October 2023
Compliance Services are offering individuals an exciting opportunity to join the Tax Compliance Academy, beginning with a two year programme of structured development and work experience. At the end of the two years you'll continue your career with PwC.
As a member of the Academy, your primary focus will be preparing corporate tax calculations and tax returns for a portfolio of clients. All companies must pay corporation tax on their profits. You'll be helping our clients to calculate what they should pay and preparing the necessary documentation.
No prior tax knowledge or tax experience is needed. You will will benefit from:
- A two year programme of structured upskilling and development including focused training sessions, on the job shadowing and learning, strong coaching and support.
- PwC skills accreditation to recognise the skills and knowledge you will develop.
- Team and peer group support.
- Gain a strong foundation of corporate tax knowledge and transferable skills
- Learn about PwC, the services we offer and our PwC values and culture.
At the end of the two year Academy, you will continue your career with PwC. You will have an opportunity to progress within Compliance Services or explore roles across our broader tax consultancy practice (including undertaking professional accountancy and/ or tax qualifications).
Places on the Academy are aimed at individuals who have developed the skills detailed below through work experience. Prospective applicants are likely to be career changers or individuals who have not followed a traditional career path who can bring these valuable skills and experience to PwC. This experience does not need to be from a professional services or tax setting but you should clearly indicate within your personal statement at the top of your CV how you have developed the skills we require.
Skills required for the role:
- Motivation, a willingness to learn, adapt and grow
- Ability to manage your own workload and demonstrate responsibility and ownership of work
- Ability to work as a team and also independently
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills (you don't need to be good at maths, but comfortable working with numbers)
- Competent IT skills
- Organised, methodical and efficient
- Good attention to detail
The role can be based at one of four sites (Belfast, Manchester, Birmingham and Watford).
To meet the needs of the team and achieve the development milestones of the Academy, there is an expectation that you will be co-located with colleagues in an office 80-100% of the time. This may decrease over time and will be discussed with you as the programme progresses.
You will also likely be required to travel to other locations for training with your colleagues (including working away for several consecutive days), particularly during your initial months.
We strongly promote flexibility and inclusion and welcome discussions around any individual circumstances that may make the above challenging.
This is an exciting time to join us. We are an expanding, agile team of fun, collaborative individuals which gives its people the opportunity to grow in their career. At PwC you will tap into a culture of openness, creativity and inclusivity and we are seeking like minded individuals to join us on our journey. Recruitment process
The deadline for applying to this role is midnight on 1st October 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we will aim to respond to you within 2 weeks of applying. The recruitment process is as follows:
- Submit your CV to apply for the role. Within your CV you should include a covering letter or personal statement where you highlight how your work experience to date has helped you develop the required skills for the role.
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete an online assessment.
- If you pass the online assessment stage you will be invited to a final interview with PwC.
- If you are successful at this final interview stage you will be offered a place on the Compliance Academy and you will join PwC in January 2024.
The assessment and interview will be designed to assess your suitability against the required skills for the role. More information on what to expect during the assessment and interview will be provided during the recruitment process.
Visa sponsorship - not available for this role
There are minimum salary requirements that need to be met in order to be eligible for a sponsored visa. The salary for this role does not meet these minimum requirements meaning that we are unable to sponsor visas for this opportunity. Full details on visa restrictions can be found on the Home Office website.