We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
PwC's Accounting Services (AS) team is a leading market focused business, providing corporate accounting services to national and multinational corporations, with a focus on helping them to remain compliant and providing insights to their operations.
The services provided by AS are high quality, process / cost efficient and relationship based. They are delivered by a technically proficient, innovative, commercially focused and agile national team. AS are a team that respects and values each other, and has a strong reputation and profile.
As part of PwC, the largest global accounting firm, AS offers a challenging and exciting career path.
AS have a varied and prestigious client base and work with various specialists in their own field which, combined with the importance placed on continuous technical training and personal development, provides an excellent opportunity for career development. The role
The AS team is looking for a qualified ACA / ACCA Manager, with broad accounting / finance experience gained working within practice, to join the team.
AS provides outsourced accounting services. These include;
- the preparation of statutory financial statements (SFS).
- providing skilled accountants on secondment where clients have a temporary need for additional resources.
- bookkeeping and preparation of periodic management accounts.
In addition, AS manages and controls the preparation of local SFS for cross border clients.
AS also provides advisory services, which includes advising on:
- statutory accounting compliance requirements.
- improvements to the SFS cycle i.e. the production, audit and filing of SFS.
An AS Manager requires the ability to manage a portfolio of clients and to work on ad hoc accounting projects. For example, there is an expectation that they will carry out client secondments in line with business needs and where their skills and availability match client requirements.
An AS Manager needs the ability to apply their accounting compliance knowledge to major proposals to help manage and grow the AS accounting compliance portfolio worldwide. In addition, the ability to contribute to the development of the accounting advisory service offering with regards to process improvement, technology, risk and controls is required.
The role also requires an ability to take responsibility for the management of accounting staff, as well as participating in group management matters such as, effective financial management of own portfolio of clients and participation in group technical training meetings. Essential skills and experience
- Qualified ACA / ACCA with proven management experience in a medium to large accountancy firm.
- Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial reporting matters including the ability to work from first principles.
- Very good working knowledge of UK GAAP / IFRS and some awareness of US GAAP.
- IT literate, ideally with some experience of accounting packages and very good excel spreadsheet skills.
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service on challenging assignments in a deadline driven environment, demonstrating flexibility in changing client environments.
- Self motivated with strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to develop and coach staff, working in a team environment.
- Proactive and able to identify opportunities for business development.