We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
We're the leading UK provider of tax services in terms of the reputation, size, and scope of our practice. The work we do is diverse, and our clients span a range of industries, from multinational organisations, to entrepreneurs and family businesses.
Our goal is to provide a technology enabled service you can be a part of, working alongside people with experience in developing solutions for our clients.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It is this focus that influences the services we provide and decisions we make.
We seek to attract the best people from a diverse talent pool and encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. This is what makes us a strong organisation with an increasingly agile workforce which is why we've the 'Deal' - including an 'Empowered day' (more freedom around working pattern), hybrid working (with 40-60% of time expected co-located with colleagues in office or client sites) and summer working hours (a reduced working day on a Friday in July and August with hours condensed into the rest of the weekThe Role
We are looking for Managers to join our corporate tax team with a mixed portfolio of advisory / audit of tax work. The portfolio mix can be flexed according to candidate and experience, anticipating an advisory element of up to 50%. This role has opened as part of the growth of our Audit of Tax Specialist (ATS) Network - a group who support our audit practice on the more complex areas of large corporate audits of tax (AoT).
The ATS network comprises core team members (spending >50% of time on AoT) and non-core team members (spending <50% of time on AoT) members. The core team provides consistency year on year for both clients and PwC teams as well as being able to develop model AoT practices that drive continual improvement within the firm.
You will have the opportunity to work with experienced and senior staff across the tax and audit lines of service and put into practice your tax technical skills in a stimulating and challenging environment. You will participate in regular ATS training and network events, including annual away days, quarterly hot topic updates and weekly technical sharing forums. We maintain several internal databases and websites of technical material with lots of practical guidance to support your development.
Working across an advisory and audit portfolio will provide the ability to develop both deep technical capabilities and the ability to evaluate judgements on complex tax risks and structures. The nature of the audit work we do within the tax line of service includes consideration of technically complex areas and review of third-party advisory reports which will accelerate your development and enhance your capabilities as a tax advisor.
You will have a clear career path structure, through to director (with potential pathway to Partner). We're a team with a strong ethos who will help enhance your expert knowledge within this specialism. There's challenging work to be part of, and we recognise our people for delivering against our team's strategy on complex engagements. We also have a strong investment from senior resources in coaching and development for all levels. There's an opportunity for you to build strong, trusted relationships with our clients and several teams across our business
We are currently recruiting for people with mixed portfolios across our ATS 'hubs' with roles across PwC nationally. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to being
A Manager is required to work across our corporate advisory and audit of tax teams, leading a portfolio in each area and helping drive the ATS network. This could be in promoting best practice in audit of tax risk and quality, supporting the firm's internal technical training and development, promoting, or taking a role in the operation of the ATS network, analysing the network's financial contribution and/or supporting technology and transformation initiatives.Duties and responsibilities will involve:
Essential skills and experience
- You will manage a client portfolio of tax advisory work, liaising internally with technical specialists and externally with client teams, and reporting to the local and wider Partner / Director group.
- You will be responsible for delivering complex audits of tax, liaising with internal specialists, clients and client tax advisors and the core audit team as required You will produce or review detailed, high quality audit documentation, ensuring compliance with audit methodologies and documentation standards
- You will produce or review detailed tax advice according to the requirements of clients and in line with the firm's requirements and procedures
- In both AoT and advisory work, you will manage, coach and delegate effectively to the juniors on the team
- You will consider a broad range of audit issues, including tax risks associated with international supply chain, finance structures, the impact of changing tax rules, the impact of major corporate transactions and appropriately accounting for tax uncertainties.
- You will play a key role in the technical and personal development of the local or regional tax team
- You will have the opportunity to work with experienced Directors and Partners across our national network
- Minimum of 2:1 bachelor's degree
- You will have at least 2 years or experience post qualification
- UK professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA/legal qualification) or overseas equivalent.
- You will have gained audit of tax experience on international audits and/or tax accounting experience on international projects.
- You will need a strong understanding of audit risk and how this is managed through procedures and documentation.
- You will need a flexible approach to allow you to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
- You will have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internally.
- You will need strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
- You will have a focus on self-development and in the development of others in your teams.
- You will have a strong tax accounting background and be capable of delivering tax accounting assistance and advice relevant to consolidated international tax provisions and impacts of changes to accounting policy.
- Experience of US GAAP is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS is essential.