Risk is all around us and in our complex world, is changing all the time. Our teams bring people from diverse backgrounds together, using their skills and cutting-edge technology, to help solve complex problems. We are pioneers in a world of changing risk and our market leading services build resilient organisations. Join us and together, we can support our clients to rethink risk.
PwC's Risk Modelling practice provides a range of analytical and modelling solutions to a range of clients across both the private and public sector. Within the practice, the Commercial & Government (C&G) team is a key focus area for growth and within that our health analytics team is one of the key areas for targeted investment to capitalise on the increased demand and opportunities for analytics and modelling services across the NHS.
As a member of PwC's risk modelling health analytics team, you will work with a range of healthcare / NHS clients to develop proof of concept and fully operational diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analyses and models to aid the formulation and delivery of financial strategy and operational decisions. You will often be working directly with senior client management, participating in meetings with senior client staff and colleagues to add value to our clients through identifying and delivering benefits which are sustainable.
Based in the C&G team in our risk modelling practice, you will work alongside a diverse team from a range of analytical backgrounds including actuaries, data scientists and financial modellers. In addition to working directly for clients, you will also work in collaboration with other PwC teams from the wider health advisory practice, combining our analytical and modelling skills with operational, financial and governance skills to deliver broad solutions to our clients.
As a team, we offer continuous learning opportunities (on the job or through formal internal and external training). You will be encouraged to contribute to the team learning and share knowledge via internal presentations, tutoring on internal courses or by contributing material to the knowledge database.
The demand for data analytics and modelling services is growing fast within the NHS and the wider healthcare sectors in the UK, driven in part by the planned reforms across the NHS. Data driven healthcare planning and delivery is a key growth driver for our health analytics team. As part of our risk modelling health analytics team, you will develop and deliver a range of analytical and modelling solutions to NHS Trusts, Commissioners, Systems, Regional and National teams.
Our health analytics and modelling team comprises of the largest dedicated public health actuarial team in the UK, supported people with background in a range of other analytical and modelling skills. We design, build and implement analysis and models that utilise complex and often large data sets, simulation and visualisation techniques to drive insight, optimise business processes, reduce risk and costs, and grow revenue. Our models tend to focus on forecasting financial and operational outcomes, understanding risk and uncertainty in those forecasts and deriving insight from that analysis to support critical business decisions.
Whilst the wider C&G team works across many industry sectors, we are looking for an experienced Senior Manager with deep expertise and experience of applying data analytics and modelling techniques in the health sector.
The team is based predominantly in London but work can be delivered from multiple locations, including overseas, depending on where our clients are.
As an experienced analytics and modelling professional you will be expected to:
- Contribute to winning new work;
- Plan and deliver work to integrate with other advisers and the client to add sustainable value;
- Lead members of the team during project delivery; and
- Acquire and share knowledge to build your own expertise and that of other staff.
Preferred experience for this role:
- As an experienced analyst and modeller you will have a proven track record in supporting NHS organisations to solve problems through the development of analysis and models built on common NHS data sets.
- Significant previous experience of working on data analytics and modelling projects including problem scoping, data requests and data transformation for modelling with minimal senior supervision;
- Strong understanding of and experience in applying data analytics and developing models in the health sector.
- Experience in facilitating client interaction;
- You will have developed proof of concept solutions or perhaps built an operational solution that was deployed into your client's / employer's environment;
- You will have the ability to assess modelling needs based on client's situation and recommend the best advanced analytics tools and methods to support them;
- You must be experienced in handling large complex data sets; and
- You will have managed and developed teams and have experience in technical coaching.
- Ability to run algorithms to deliver rapid business insight;
- Ability to lead multiple projects, across a variety of teams;
- Ability to own client relationships and manage them throughout the engagement lifecycle;
- Experience of building and developing technology solutions;
- Ability to transfer knowledge to clients and colleagues;
- Ability to develop and deliver technical training;
Desirable subject matter expertise:
- Core technical skills in Excel, Alteryx and Business Intelligence visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Qlik and/or Power BI); and
- Advanced technical skills, in one or more of the following areas: advanced Excel modelling (including VBA), SQL, Simulation (e.g. Anylogic, Simul8), R, Python and/or MS Azure Machine Learning Studio.
- Practical experience in developing and deploying analytical and modelling solutions in NHS / healthcare environments to solve operational, financial or strategic challenges.
- An understanding of population health management analytics
- Experience in healthcare demand and capacity planning