Risk is all around us and in our complex world, is changing all the time. Our teams bring people from diverse backgrounds together, using their skills and cutting-edge technology, to help solve complex problems. We are pioneers in a world of changing risk and our market leading services build resilient organisations. Join us and together, we can support our clients to rethink risk.PwC Macro Risk Services
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems.
The interaction between business performance and macro external activity has never been so striking and evident, as highlighted by the disruption caused by Brexit, pandemics, the US elections, the Russia/Ukraine conflict, China - US relations etc. Indeed, our CEO survey revealed that CEOs feel most exposed financially to geopolitical risk over the next 12 month and 5 year time horizons, given how linked geopolitics is to the key macro challenges facing our world (e.g. ESG, Cyber security, Technology disruption, Economics, Regulation etc) .
In order to continue to be relevant to our clients and to help them solve their most important problems, we need to equip our Partners and teams with the capabilities and confidence to discuss geopolitical risks and the related macro challenges. Macro Risk services has been established within the Risk line of service to develop our overall capability to understand and interpret the geopolitical environments that our clients operate in, and to link this to the wider macro challenges. The team is being established to work across Risk and across the firm as well as with international colleagues within our Macro Risk network e.g ESG, Cyber security, Technology disruption, Economics, Regulation etc, plus external advisors.About the role
This role is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager with a background in geopolitical analysis and business strategy to lead the Macro Risk Services offerings to clients. PwC comprises a number of individuals, teams, platforms and networks that cover the full spectrum of macro risk issues (e.g ESG, Cyber security, Technology disruption, Economics, Regulation etc) and the Macro Risk Services team will have the opportunity to lead and harness all the firm has to help clients make better decisions in the face of macro uncertainty.
- Geopolitical business strategy analysis: Analyse geopolitical and macro risk issues and determine the impact on businesses (by specific client/ industry/ business function), through independent research and collaboration with other domestic/international macro risk specialists within PwC, to deliver:
a) Internal and external integrated intelligence packs, podcasts, briefings etc
b) Geopolitical/ macro risk scenarios for specific clients/ industries/ business functions to consider
c) Geopolitical/macro risk exposure maps by specific client/ industry/ business function
d) PwC market activation materials
e) Support as geopolitical SMEs on client engagement / proposals
f) Macro risk horizon scanning capability to the firm
- Client services - As the firm's geopolitical SMEs, facilitate and attend geopolitical/macro risk inform sessions, impact workshops and scenario planning workshops.
- Supporting Lead Client Partners - As the firm's geopolitical SMEs, provide aids, such as client conversation frameworks, to assist Lead Client Partners in holding geopolitical inform sessions with their clients.
- Harnessing the power of the existing Macro Risk Network- The PwC firm comprises a number of individuals, teams, platforms and networks that cover the full spectrum of macro risk issues (e.g ESG, Cyber security, Technology disruption, Economics, Regulation etc). Geopolitical sits at the centre of, and is the glue in bringing together, all these macro risk issues to give our clients the very best advice.
- EMEA Integrated Intelligence / Coordination Group - As UK's representative, share intelligence, tools, client opportunities and best practices. Connect domestic macro risk specialists as needed. Report into EMEA leadership.
- Strategic alliances - Where required, develop and own relationships with third parties e.g. think tanks, universities etc.
- Data /Technology tools - Where required, with our technology teams, build analytical tools for internal and external use.
This role is likely to suit a Director/Senior Manager with the following qualities and experience:
The skills we look for in future employees:
- Experience and interest in political science, international relations as well as economics and business strategy.
- Someone who has the ability to merge geopolitical and business analytical skills to translate and distil geopolitical issues into business issues for the C-Suite.
- Ability to work closely with experts across the Macro Risk Network, Leaders of Industry and International desk.
- Has experience in a client facing role, delivering workshops and client engagements.
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships with varied stakeholder groups.
- Experience of working in complex, matrix organisations would be helpful, along with evidence of managing varied stakeholder groups and clients.
- Someone who is passionate about PwC and making a difference.
- An interest in improving and changing things and adopting new technology.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent project management and organisational skill.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/experienced-careers/apply.htmlThe Deal:
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity:
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture: https://www.pwc.co.uk/diversity