My client is a rapidly expanding British leading manufacturer of pumps and pump systems. Due to ongoing expansion, they are seeking a highly competent ACCA or CIMA qualified Financial Controller to join our Finance team, reporting directly into the Finance Director.
Looking for a commercially savvy and highly astute person to join our team, who will be responsible for producing accurate and timely financial reports and support the FD with managing the Accounts department. By combining accounting skills with business management skills, prepare, develop and analyse key financial information for all departments of the business, to ensure that management for each area make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
Responsibilities, duties and tasks:
- Establish and maintain financial policies and financial management information systems
- At intervals required by management, prepare financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheet, budgets, cash flow statements and forecasts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Work with the FD to help make financial decisions
- In liaison with the FD, set budgets for each line of accounts
- Maintain asset registers and a depreciation schedules
- Establish and maintain a system to report value of stock and work-in-progress
- Report where spending is at variance with the budget
- Contribute towards the formulation of business strategies and inform key strategic decisions
- Analyse financial performance and contribute to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts including cash flow
- Offer professional judgement on financial matters and advise on ways of improving business performance
- Manage and oversee the credit control, credit insurance, credit checking and debt chasing process
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers
- Monitor and evaluate financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed
- Work in conjunction with external accountants to implement corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Manage import and currency purchase processes and develop links with overseas suppliers to put credit terms in place
QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING :It is essential that the post holder has either:
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualification
- Knowledge and experience of divisional accounting
- Substantial experience of having worked in a Finance Controller / Management Accountant / Finance Manager role within a commercial organisation
- Experience of establishing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems
- Knowledge and experience of preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, budgets, cash flow statements and forecasts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Experience of advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Experience and proven track of improving business performance
- Knowledge of corporate governance procedures
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.