Assistant Financial Planner
At Mazars we believe you should be part of a team where you will make a direct impact. We offer you the scope to influence the direction of the firm, in an environment dedicated to lifelong personal and professional development, Mazars is an engine for rapid and consistent career progression.
Are you looking to make an impact in Financial Planning ? Are you looking to develop your knowledge and become a qualified financial planner? And are you looking for open, engaged and collaborative teams? Then apply to the role today!
About the team/business unit
This is what Marie Calvin, Head of People/ Private Client has to say about Mazars…
‘I have been with Mazars for just over 2 years and during that time have been truly impressed by our culture. We take a collaborative approach and are genuinely committed to giving people opportunities. ‘
To provide seamless, effective and proactive support to our Private Client service line that in turn provides impartial, tailored financial planning, wealth management and tax advice to: Individuals; Business Owner Managers and Trustees - Private and Charitable.
This is predominantly an office-based role.
About the role
- We have a newly created Assistant Financial Planner role due to the success of the Mazars Financial Planning team
- You will be expected to take responsibility for client solutions and the delivery of these whilst ensuring that we keep to stated deadlines providing the best client service in a compliant manner.
- We will fund your study towards the Chartered Institute of Insurance Professional qualification.
- For the rest of your training you will be striving to build your skillset in order to be a financial planner at Mazars in your own right
What are we looking for?
- A 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Mazars & Me
We want everyone to be rewarded and enriched by their professional life. So we come together to pioneer new ways of working; promoting psychological safety, flexibility with how you work – trusting you to make the right choices for the team, clients and the business – and balance in stimulating modern workspaces. We offer core benefits and then give people the opportunity to tailor extra benefits to suit their individual needs.
Our Nottingham office is located on the Ropewalk in the centre of the town surrounding by a number of other professional service firms. Public transport links means access to the office can be easy by bus, train or tram. Alternatively, there are a number of car parks nearby. The modern office is split over 2 floors with 1 floor of dedicated client meeting or team collaboration space. Hot desking means the ability to sit in teams or to meet people from other service lines. Shops, restaurants and bars are all a short walk from the office meaning lunch, catch ups with other professionals or after work socialising are all just a stones throw away.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self and provided with a level playing field.