Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are recruiting exclusively for a family-owned business with a high reputation for product and service excellence. Formed in the 1980's the business is based on a strong commitment to R&D in its core area of technology; fabric engineered solutions.
With such a strong niche area of excellence the business has built up a formidable brand both in the UK and internationally. Currently, some 70% of revenues are generated outside the UK and there is exciting opportunity for growing this global presence across our three core markets.
Your new role
The business has achieved steady, profitable growth built on a strong balance sheet. The foundations created are strong both in terms of factory technologies, research & development, and ERP systems. The business spurred on by an ambitious Board of Directors is now looking to build more rapidly from this strong base and to take advantage of the many opportunities presented by the drive to net-zero, a more unpredictable climate, new emerging markets, and the clear return on investment of its products. To this end the Board are looking to appoint a strategic FD with the talent to lead and support the growth of the business in these new international markets, whilst continuing to invest and grow in our core operational efficiencies in our home markets.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall control and responsibility for Group financial affairs
- Provide advice and guidance on financial strategy for Group
- Provide advice and guidance on financial strategy
- Pro-actively work with other Board members to develop, implement, and monitor growth strategies
- Commercial drive to focus on efficiency and operational excellence
- Excellence in reporting and insightful analysis
- Overall control of HR policy
- Overall control of IT and digital communications
- Develop the necessary policies and procedures to meet group business objectives
- Group Secretary
What you'll need to succeed
- Full CIMA qualified or equivalent
- A Degree, or similar, or by experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior finance role
- Strong commercial acumen
- International experience
- Adept at managing a group structure with subsidiary businesses in different jurisdictions
- A system driven FD with a strong grasp of IT and its power to harness and support change.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.