Your new company
This role covers all aspects of financial reporting and performance including statutory reporting, regulatory reporting, and Taxation.
This is a high responsibility role working in a small and friendly team, that will provide experience and training across several reporting frameworks (including IFRS and tax), and across several lines of business. There is scope for plenty of exposure to Head of Finance & CFO.
Your new role
- Timely production of all external reports including quarterly reporting.
- Quarterly preparation and submission of Group financials under IFRS.
- Preparation and review of year-end statutory accounts under IFRS.
- Assisting with corporation tax computation
- Preparation /review of other statistical returns
- Preparing and posting monthly journal entries, as well as quarterly consolidation entries and technical provisions.
- Reviewing and approving journals prepared by junior members of the team.
- Maintaining procedure documents and reporting timetable.
- Implementing process improvements to all reporting and internal control procedures.
- Participating in ad-hoc projects/tasks as required.
- Establishing a good relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the Finance Reporting Manager in creating an environment of continuous improvement to ensure that all reporting is conducted to the highest possible standard, within set deadlines whilst meeting efficiency requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- 5 years PQE within financial services ideally
- Statutory experience is essential
- IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 desirable.
- Self-starter with an eye for details and determination to deliver accurate and informative results.
What you'll get in return
The Senior Financial Accountant role is paying £65-70,000 depending on experience, plus other benefits. Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.