At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our EMEIA-wide Capital Markets Centre of Excellence provides a variety of assurance services to clients who are developing and executing transformational strategies, such as launching an initial public offering (IPO) in local markets or the USA, or implementing improvements to internal controls. We provide regulatory and reporting advice across all jurisdictions in international capital markets.
This is a high-profile role working with some of the world's largest companies and offers an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to the dynamic world of international capital markets. The team has seen year on year double digit revenue growth and significant headcount increases to stake a claim as number one in its market.
Our rapidly growing UK and Ireland (UKI) Capital Markets practice is seeking qualified accountants to provide assurance services to clients. You will benefit from a truly global experience with exposure to cross-border transactions.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading and delivering technical accounting advice projects across a range of clients and locations across the EMEIA region
- Producing and reviewing reports and analysis of accounting issues related to capital raising strategies and regulatory matters
- Developing your own portfolio of assurance projects, taking responsibility for delivery of complex deadline-driven engagements, including internal control projects arising from UK Corporate Reform and transactions
- Building strong relationships both within EY and with international clients as you help companies execute their cross-border transactions
- Performance management and coaching of junior colleagues throughout the performance year
Skills and attributes for success
Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a prominent contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire transactions. Your technical skills will be stretched and tested as you broaden your knowledge of cross-border transactions, regulatory and compliance matters. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Fully qualified as a chartered accountant e.g. ACA / ACCA / CPA / ICAS / ICAEW or international equivalent
- Extensive US GAAP or IFRS knowledge
- Experience planning, leading, and executing assurance engagements in a managerial capacity
- Controls design and implementation knowledge
- Project and people management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience auditing large USA listed companies
- Sound technical knowledge of PCAOB audits and SEC reporting including SOX
- Experience providing assurance services to clients undertaking capital raising strategies
- Experience working in a globally recognised accountancy practice
- An application and solution-based approach to problem solving and a collaborative approach to management
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about your career with us and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!