At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. We’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. You’ll use your professional skills and audit experience to make it happen, working as part of a team responsible for delivering accurate, timely, value-add advice, and handling complex audit matters across a broad range of commodities clients. Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same.
We’re hiring into our London-based Commodities Markets team. This is an opportunity to combine both technical and commercial insight and become a part of our growing niche and sector-specific audit offering. You will address challenges in the commodity trading industry with clients who collectively account for most physical flows of metals, energy, and agricultural products traded worldwide.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you do will come back to providing practical solutions for complex accounting problems and an exceptional service for our clients.
- Effectively leading fieldwork and supervising day to day team operations, ensuring the timely delivery of financial audit projects within Commodities Markets
- Working with clients’ financial reporting teams to help deliver financial information and improve reporting processes, providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Analysing accounting policies in financial statements to support due diligence and transactions
- Conducting technical accounting analysis for clients going through change
- Preparing reports and presentations on the impact of accounting regulation
- Building relationships across the commodity trading industry to create new business opportunities
- Constantly developing your understanding of Commodities Markets and trends, sharing your knowledge to support junior colleagues
- Performance management and coaching of junior colleagues throughout the performance year
Skills and attributes for success
Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience delivering external audits and reporting on complex accounting issues in a managerial capacity
- Fully qualified as a chartered accountant e.g. ACA / ACCA / CA / ICAS / ICAEW or international equivalent
- Project and people management experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: Banking & Capital Markets; Metals & Mining; Oil & Gas; Energy
- Knowledge of IFRS and current market issues in the UK
- An application and solution-based approach to problem solving and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so we look for people who will take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!