Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding, Oxford Uni spin-out that allows households across the UK and overseas to save money and be more environmentally friendly. This role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day finance function, reviewing processes, policies and systems, making improvements to allow the business to continue growing on the planned trajectory.
Your new role
As the successful candidate, your duties will include:
- Producing month-end management accounts
- Managing the day-to-day finance function, including payables, receivables, cash, fixed assets and payroll (through a provider)
- Reviewing payments listing and authorising bank payments
- Managing credit control and debts
- Owning the financial systems and processes
- Providing departmental overhead analysis & variance to budget
- Cash management and rolling forecast
- Managing a team of 2 assistants
- Ensuring all transactions are accurately recorded,
- Implementing a financial reporting system
- Liaising with auditors, ensuring compliance
- Supporting R&D Tax Credit and grant reporting
- Processing VAT returns, PAYE Agreements, P11Ds and expenses
- Supporting investment rounds
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate, you will need to be / have:
- Part or Fully Qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA etc.) or by experience
- Experience in a similar manager / controller role
- Excellent commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent planning and or organisational skills
- Strong systems and IT skills
- Experience update processes and controls
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available, 1 day WFH, 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday, free parking, progression opportunities and much more!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.