We are looking for an experienced and qualified accountant to join a growing investment/consultancy business in Leeds. You will be responsible for the full ownership of all accounting procedures for a new client listed on the stock exchange. This is a great opportunity to work with a prestigious and reputable company and to develop your skills and career in the finance sector.
As the Financial Accountant, you will have autonomy in your role reporting back to the directors when necessary. You will:
- Prepare and maintain cash flow statements, accounts payable and receivable, VAT returns, year-end accounts, and monthly management accounts
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, tax regulations, and company policies
- Implement and improve accounting systems, controls, and processes
- Liaise with external auditors, tax authorities, banks, and other stakeholders
- Provide financial analysis and advice to senior management and the client
- Manage and mentor a finance assistant to handle the day-to-day transactions
- Progress to a financial controller level position as the role evolves
To be suitable for this position, you will have:
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent)
- Relevant experience in accounting, preferably in the investment/consultancy sector
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software, Excel, and other IT tools
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
For this prestigious opportunity, you will be offered:
- A salary of £55,000 - £60,000
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- BUPA health insurance
- This role is 100% office based
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.