Fantastic opportunity for a Commercial / Factory Accountant
The primary purpose of the role is to provide analysis, insight and understanding of the gross margin return for all the UK business units within the Food division. As such, the role will act as a finance business partner to the commercial functions based in Wales, as well as assist with making business decisions by providing support to the management, Sales and despatch teams.
- Customer Focus
- Continuous improvement
- Results driven
- Effective Communicator and collaborator
- Fully qualified (or very strong QBE) Commercial Accountant
- Experience in providing commercial support in an FMCG or Manaufacturing environment
- Excel in computer literacy use of Excel and ERP systems for reporting
- Ability to work as part of site/divisional Finance Team
- Provide finance business partner support to the commercial teams, influencing behaviours and performance through insight and understanding of key drivers and market trends.
- Manage, coach and develop the Commercial Finance Analyst in an open, honest, collaborative and empowering style to include: individual performance, training and development, absence/holidays etc.
- Manage ongoing forecasting and financial review to ensure commercial risks and opportunities are highlighted.
- Drive margin enhancement/profit improvement initiatives, including structuring commercial deals to drive optimal returns.
- Prepare insightful commercial reports and analysis to support management decision-making, and identify significant customer trends and issues (for example, by monitoring performance against forecast)
- Deliver analysis of sales performance/margins on a timely basis – volume, price, mix vs. forecast – identifying reasons for variance, recommending actions and measuring outcomes.
- Monitor and control customer pricing to ensure that margins are maximised
- Review and approve all commercial proposals.
- Drive the monthly business performance reporting process with site and divisional management, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of information.
- Lead and improve the budgeting and forecasting processes, including agreeing, reviewing & challenging commercial targets with business/department leads.
- Co-ordinate and lead the annual financial planning process for the division.
- Be responsible for all overheads relating to the sale of product, including freight, rebates and the running of the Sales and Marketing functions.
- Provide assistance with modelling and scenario testing for new business and other commercial opportunities.
- Estimate the return on investment for marketing campaigns (advertising, product launches, promotions, etc.).
- Develop and improve accounting & control processes to ensure that results are reported appropriately, accurately and on a timely basis.
- Measure and report monthly commercial KPI's to senior management.
- Develop and mentor performance of any direct reports.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.