Hays are recruiting a Tax & Trust Manager for their client, a highly respected and expanding accountancy firm in Bury St Edmunds. Their dedicated Tax & Trusts team has a wealth of experience in taxation services for a wide range of entities and are now looking to recruit an experienced Manager to join their enthusiastic and friendly team.
- Review of self-assessment tax returns and related tax calculations for individuals, trusts and estates using the firm's software (CCH), for direct signature or signature by a Director as appropriate. All related correspondence with clients, HM Revenue & Customs and third parties as required. Monitoring and working to related deadlines.
- Review of trust and estate accounts using the firm's software (CCH Trust Accounts), for direct signature or signature by a Director as appropriate.
- Interpreting trust deeds and Wills. Monitoring deadlines on trusts and estates such as ten yearly charges and beneficial entitlements.
- Managing planning projects and researching technical issues on tax advisory work. Drafting clear, concise and accurate advisory letters for signature by a director or direct signature as appropriate.
- Review of Inheritance Tax returns for trusts and estates.
- Managing own portfolio of clients including correspondence, telephone calls and attendance at meetings and ensuring relevant file notes are completed and filed on CCH. Dealing with ad-hoc client queries.
- Ensuring internal and risk management procedures of the firm are adhered to including adherence to the tax department procedures.
- Controlling client portfolio in relation to timescales and client perceptions and ensuring all relevant members of staff are informed of client issues.
- Training of junior staff and liaising with their line manager (as appropriate)
- Responsibility for own WIP allocation. Understand the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service and billing as appropriate.
- Work with other departments and tax team members to ensure joined up service and “one team” approach. Regard to be given to other team members' workloads and deadlines.
What you will receive
- A competitive salary
- 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase/sale scheme
- Flexible home working policy
- Matching employer pension contributions up to 6% of salary
- Salary sacrifice available for pension contributions
- Income Protection if you are off work due to long term illness or injury equal to 50% of salary until State pension age
- Death in service benefit (4x basic salary)
- Private Health Insurance – Individual cover available
- Up to two professional subscriptions paid for
- Encouragement to develop and learn by attending training courses and CPD events
- Soft skills workshops
- Employee Assistance programme
- Length of service recognition
- Social events paid for or subsidised by the firm
To discuss this role or to apply please contact Cara Whyte at Hays on 07502377206
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.