Hays Bristol recruitment team are seeking an experienced finance professional to complete the implementation of Access Financials P2P and associated changes to the Chart of Accounts and reporting. Also, an experienced systems' accountant to map current processes, workflows and re-engineer quicker, faster, smarter processes to complete month end reporting and digital transactions. This will include an Accounting Reference manual and associated notes.
These positions form part of the busy Finance Team, based in North Bristol for a public sector organisation. You will have proven Access skills and or strong Systems accounting skills, both will require audit skill set and technical expertise in financial reporting and controls. Clear ability to project manage the work to a tight schedule and user requirements along with fully supporting a local team in Finance.
You will have a demonstrable working knowledge of Access or P2P systems and or experience of Lean Systems, Prince2, Six Sigma or another set of techniques and tools for process improvement. You will also be required to develop an Accounting Reference Manual covering the end-to-end processes. Good quality management disciplines will also be required. Reporting to the Finance Director / Head of Finance, this appointment will play a vital role in Governance and Assurance of the Financial integrity of the business.
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office
- 35 hours a week-option to do 28 hours for the right candidate
- Flexible working hours
- Qualified or QBE with experience of working SME
- General Finance department head experience
- Rounded finance knowledge position
- Ideally experience of working within a charitable or non-for-profit organisation, but not essential
- Previous management experience is ideal, but not essential provided experience of mentoring/training staff
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Good written and communication skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Charles Maidment from the Hays Bristol office. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.