Your new company
I'm delighted to be partnered on an exclusive, retained basis with a leading c.£25m t/o specialist manufacturer in North Sheffield/Barnsley area. The organisation are well known in their industry, operating with sustainability at the core of their business, boasting a strong reputation in the market.
The company are a family owned, market leading organisation who require a talented Head of Finance/Business Partner to work closely with the Finance Director and Managing Director. The company boast a friendly and collaborative culture across staff in a relatively 'flat structured' environment.
Potential succession plan to Finance Director in the future could be available to the right candidate.
Your new role
You'll be joining the organisation as Head of Finance/Financial Controller, reporting directly to the Finance Director whilst working closely with the MD on a day to day basis. Overseeing a team of 5 people with a direct report of an Accounts Manager overseeing day to day transactional elements of operations, you will steer the finance team in terms of delivery and workload, whilst producing detailed and accurate financial reporting (predominantly monthly reporting alongside ad hoc projects), analysis (both for individual entities and consolidated), reconciliations and MI to support decision making across the organisation.
You will be a 'hands-on', supportive and analytical business partner, reviewing and evaluating controls in relation to production whilst providing analysis around business trends where appropriate. As Financial Controller, you will also act as the company liaison with auditors, financial and statutory bodies.
Reporting is undertaken on Sage200, with payroll undertaken on Sage50 which you will also take oversight of.
Key responsibilities include:
- Weekly updating of production control information - highlighting trends and providing supporting analysis as required.
- Ensuring weekly KPI's are kept up to date.
- Updating and controlling stock control information for all sites, reporting on anomalies in stock.
- Providing hands on cover and support for payroll in the absence of the Accounts Manager – including processing payments, inputting variable information from clock cards and time sheets, checking authorisation to pay overtime, ensuring the accurate payment of wages.
- Providing cover for accounts payable in the absence of the Accounts Manager, including the control of payment of invoices in accordance with cash flow and supplier payment terms.
- Producing fuel monitoring information.
- Assisting with the completion of tax returns.
- Preparation of project/capex costings on request.
- Reviewing credit checks carried on new customers prior to approving them in accordance with Credit Check Procedures.
- Notifying the Sales team of the outcome of the credit check, detailing the credit limit and payment terms.
- Providing financial information for the senior managers and board of Directors.
- Providing accurate information for the P & L accounts, to set deadlines.
- Reviewing bank reconciliations, and maintenance of fixed assets register and all other financial controls
- Overseeing the credit control function, identifying customers to chase for payment. Highlighting any areas of concerns regarding payment with the Finance Director.
- Overseeing the purchase ledger function
- Forecast and budget setting / monitoring.
- Payroll analysis of actual results compared to budgets.
- Liaising with external parties and producing accurate financial information.
- Calculating average monthly gate fees.
- Liaising with Supply Chain and Sales to produce product costings.
- Preparation of the year end statutory accounts.
What you\'ll need to succeed
You will be a strong all-round accountant who enjoys working with various stakeholders across the organisation. You will have a strong analytical mindset, not only being able to deliver comprehensive management accounts but being able to understand and relay the \'what and why\' from the data on delivery to SLT.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) although finalists/QBE applicants will be considered with relevant experience
- Background in manufacturing or comparable industry
- Logical and methodical approach to finance with strong problem solving abilities
- Competence with Excel (including V-Lookups/Pivots)
- Sage 200 / Sage 50 experience would be beneficial
Please note that due to the locality of this role, and the occasional need to commute to other sites on occasion, you will need to be able to drive.
What you\'ll get in return
Salary: circa. £60,000 p/a depending on experience
Holiday entitlement: 25 days + statutory holidays
A collaborative, positive culture across the business with a supportive SLT.
Occasional travel to two other sites (once monthly/quarterly) will be required.
Hybrid working is available for this position (c.1-2 days p/w from home)
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.