Your new company
Leading Logistics and Supply Chain Company based in Chippenham, Wiltshire
Your new role
As a Financial Accountant within the Business you will have responsibility for the Leasing and Payroll functions, which at first glance may not seem to work hand-in-hand, but, since the role's inception has worked very well as an autonomous role. This role has come about due to Maternity and the Business is looking for the right candidate to come in for a comprehensive handover either side of the 12 month maternity cover, totalling 16 months. The successful candidate will be fully qualified (ACCA,ACA,CIMA) or equivalent and the client will also consider non-studying QBE candidates.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Line management of 2 Finance Assistants (Not performance management).
- Ownership of the Lease Management process covering IFRS 16 conformation via the Oracle SAS system.
- Proactively liaising with Treasury, procurement and Fleet Director regarding successful asset leasing.
- Quarterly reconciliation of the IFRS 16 and non qualifying leases on the Fleet management system.
- Ownership of the Payroll function ensuring statutory requirements are met.
- Build upon the already established relationship with the Payroll department.
- Overview of the payroll function and accuracy of the GL transactions.
- Ongoing support of the Payroll team regarding year-end statutory reports and Insurance exposure.
- Support the Senior Financial team with HY/YE audit requirements in relation to Payroll and IFRS 16 leases.
- Be proactive in all areas of concern regarding improvement, incorporating accounting controls framework, mitigating risks and misstatements.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working with robust corporate financial procedures and reporting methods.
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of accounting standards, including experience and exposure to IFRS 16.
- Personnel management experience or ambition to manage a team.
- Excellent people skills and diligence
- Strong excel Skills.
- Experience of working under pressure, prioritising, and managing competing deadlines
- Demonstrate a customer services mindset with the ability to identify process improvements that deliver quality/efficiency benefits.
What you'll get in return
The Business are looking at a remuneration of up to £55,000pa DOE and employ the successful candidate for a 16 month period to cover Maternity leave.
There is a good Company Pension scheme and Holiday entitlement package which will be available to you as a payrolled member of staff.
Full benefits will be shared upon successful application.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.