HAYS are delighted to be supporting one of our £billion turnover clients in the West Midlands in the recruitment of a Compliance Advice Manager on a permanent basis. This role has arisen due to an internal promotion within the team and represents a very exciting opportunity for a compliance advice professional to join a fantastic, flexible and progressive organisation. This role would suit a candidate from a Financial Services background, who has experience partnering with key business unit leaders to provide high quality compliance advice and expertise on current regulatory standards.
This role is paying up to £55,000 + car allowance + bonus, and lots of flexibility regarding working from home is on offer.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the FCA's requirements and standards and provide sound, practical, timely and authoritative compliance advice to stakeholders.
- Support the mitigation of regulatory and reputational risks faced by my client.
- Assess the scope and potential impact of regulatory change and consult regarding necessary change programmes.
- Create and issue bulletins to stakeholders on emerging regulatory issues.
- Review of internal files including complaints, claims, financial promotions and T&C files.
- Identify and produce reporting on activity, issues and emerging risks to the Compliance and Risk Management Team in accordance with team procedures and as required.
In order to be successful in this role you will need;
- Proven track record in a regulatory compliance advice role within a Financial Services environment.
- A strong understanding of a wide variety of business functions, including an appreciation of typical risks and expected controls.
- Practical application of FCA Handbook and related approaches.
- To be able to communicate effectively with key stakeholders, with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Customer focussed yet commercially aware.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.