Your new company
We are working with an established global market leader based in Milton Keynes who is seeking a pro-active Pricing Manager to join their Finance department.
Your new role
The pricing strategy manager is responsible for defining and implementing a pricing strategy that supports the sales and marketing activity across the group to maximise sales and gross margin.
To achieve this the pricing team focus on two areas:
- Customer discounts - Segmented customer discounts that serve all customers (potential, new and existing) and support the sales and marketing team to attract and retain customers and sell a wider range of products to them.
- Supplier Discounts – by utilising the special pricing processes with key suppliers to negotiate additional discount to boost margin.
- Work closely with sales and marketing to define the strategy and processes for setting and maintaining all customer discounts.
- Define an appropriate segmentation strategy and set appropriate customer discounts for each segment.
- Implement and effective review and maintenance process for all discounts.
- Produce insightful reporting and analysis that manages outliers and provides valuable, actionable information to the sales team.
- Plan a development roadmap for the pricing portal so that bottlenecks are reduced and the SPA (Special Pricing Agreement) process is as efficient as possible.
- Develop people, systems, and processes so that the SPA team can effectively negotiate with the suppliers and maximise the discounts received.
- Manage mass data changes at price increases and communicate relevant information with stakeholders.
- Overall responsibility for supplier claims to ensure that we are credited using the SFSAC (Ship From Stock And Credit) process.
Leadership and management
- Play an active and visible role within the business to drive the pricing culture throughout the sales team for the Group. This includes regular communication and training sessions.
- Provide leadership and guidance during the implementation of a new business system.
- Be accountable for personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with organisations core competencies and learning and development framework
What you'll need to succeed
- Economics/business/data degree preferable
- Business acumen and commercial skills are essential, as well as a strong desire to understand the sales process, our products, and customers.
- A high level of competency on ERP systems and an understanding of how they work in the background is essential.
- Experience of working with big data and combining data from multiple sources
- Advanced Excel skills is essential. Hyperion/Access/SQL/Power BI or similar would also be beneficial.
- Previous experience of working in a pricing team
- Outstanding communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Skills in relationship building, influencing, and negotiating are essential.
- A natural influencer who is down to earth, open, energetic, and enthusiastic
What you'll get in return
- Commencing with 25 days holiday a year, increasing with length of service upto 30 days, with the option to flex up/down 5 days
- Long Service Awards (gifts and one-off holiday awards of up to 5 days extra in anniversary year)
- Membership to a health and wellbeing cashback scheme
- Life Assurance of 2 times salary
- Membership to a group personal pension plan with employer contributions set at 5%
- Discretionary on the spot and value-based awards
- LinkedIn Learning Licence
- Paid time off for our Volunteering scheme
- Associate Discounts Portal
- Recruitment referral bonuses
- Payroll Giving options with Company Contributions
- Access to salary sacrifice Cycle Scheme
- Wellbeing support including App, Hub and Mental Health First Aiders
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (Unum)
- Gym membership discounts • Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Long Service Awards
- Work Place giving
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.