Your new company
A well known and growing organisation based in North Surrey, offers hybrid working (2 days a week in the office) to a very experienced EMEA VAT Manager with significant experience gained in a business involving cross-border movement of goods.
Your new role
- Manage and lead the VAT team in EMEA.
- Manage and support the team in preparing and reviewing VAT returns in-house
- Management of external advisors
- Supporting on VAT account reconciliations
- Working with the business, giving technical advice and finding solutions, applying knowledge on the VAT implications around the movement of goods cross-border across the EMEA region
- Being part of project teams to support the VAT workstreams on mergers and other change projects
- VAT Advisory support
What you'll need to succeed
You will need strong knowledge of VAT on the cross-border movement of goods and have excellent problem-solving skills as many situations encountered in this role will be unique.
- Qualified tax professional or accountant specialising in VAT, with excellent knowledge of indirect tax rules across the EMEA,
- 10+ years' experience in European VAT and applying this in a highly commercial environment;
- Strong knowledge of Excel and accounting systems
- Strong communication skills – both internally and externally to communicate messages on tax improvements and changes
- Experience of Team management and support
What you'll get in return
This is a varied, interesting and challenging opportunity
Hybrid working 2 days a week in the office (North Surrey)
Salary £80-100,000 + bonus and bens
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.