HAYS are delighted to be partnering with one of our key Manufacturing clients based in Birmingham to recruit for an Assistant Financial Controller on a permanent basis. This role will support the Financial Controller in the management of all plant costs and internal controls, compiling the annual budgets and forecasts and ensuring that all plant statutory reporting requirements are met. The successful candidate will also work closely with the senior operational stakeholders to ensure that the plant remains profitable and drive cost savings through economic efficiency. This role is an exciting opportunity for a strong all-round Accountant, with a background in Manufacturing, to take ownership for the full accounts process for a £150million+ site.
This role is offering up to £55,000 per annum, and is office based.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Month End procedures including journal preparation, P&L (including full responsibility for P&L lines) and Balance Sheet analysis, reconciliations and forecasting processes.
- Ensure balance sheet integrity, including the Fixed Asset Register.
- Support Plant Controller on reports required for monthly management pack (e.g., direct margin report).
- Review and approval of bill of materials (BOM) and standard costs changes, as well as development of reporting systems to communicate impact of changes.
- Review new project costs and develop reporting systems to communicate profitability status at program milestones.
- Support the Financial Controller in implementing/maintaining internal controls including full SOx compliance.
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA).
- Demonstrable Accounting experience working in Manufacturing with experience of standard costing systems.
- Confident with strong Interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Highly flexible and adaptable with the ability to work as an individual or as part of a team and to work on their own initiative when required.
- High standard of Excel skills (including pivot tables, lookups).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.