Your new role
Are you a qualified Accounting / Audit professional looking to gain experience in board reporting, report writing, regulatory returns and financial modelling in the Financial Services industry:
- 6 month fixed-term contract role starting as soon as possible
- Flexible working available- 25 hours per week & you can choose the days you complete these
- Will pay up to £70,000 pro rata
- Only 1 day a week required on site out of the 3
In this role you will assist with delivery of the month-end close process, reporting to Group and preparing local statutory financial statements and regulatory reports for allocated legal entities, ensuring that all deadlines are met. You will also support the audit process by providing supporting evidence and documenting accounting positions. You will be focussed on maintaining appropriate controls in the reporting process and ensuring that all continuous improvement initiatives are well-supported.
Preparing group Half-Year and Year-End disclosure reporting packs
Participating in preparation of statutory accounts under local GAAP where required and regulatory reports for assigned regional subsidiaries focussing on accuracy and timeliness as well as local board reports where applicable
Contributing to both regional and group-wide ad hoc projects including continuous improvements, group initiatives and participation in transformation activity where required
Maintaining appropriate controls in the reporting process and putting forward ideas for process, policy and control improvements
Responding to ad-hoc requests in areas related to reporting and financial control deploying accounting and reporting expertise
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideal first move from audit into industry
- Prior audit knowledge is key for the role due to importance of interaction with auditors
- Strong accounting skills essential
- Opportunity to gain experience in board reporting, report writing, regulatory returns and financial modelling
- Opportunity to gain financial services experience (prior FS knowledge is an advantage but not essential)
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
6-month contract which is very flexible
option to start as soon as possible
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Charles Maidment from the Hays Senior Finance team in Bristol.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.