Hays Senior Finance are exclusively supporting a maritime security services specialist. Established in 2010 to create a security company that was more dynamic and creative than most traditional security firms, they have a fresh approach that puts the client's needs first.
With over 150 permanent staff and 7 global office locations, we are the market leader in providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
They are currently offering two fixed-term maternity cover opportunities, available as either full-time positions, located at the company's Head Office in Hereford.
The Management Accountant will report to the Finance Director and provide management accounting support, as well as assisting the finance team in areas such as treasury, purchase ledger, and sales ledger duties.
- Month-end management account preparation & presentation to MD
- Assist with system integration of legacy finance system
- Year-end preparation and Audit assistance
- P&L and balance sheet review and reconciliation
- Journal preparation and posting
- Maintaining FAR and annual depreciation
- Reporting and analysis to be undertaken when required
- Assisting FD with project requests
- VAT returns for the group
- Maintaining management schedules
- Payroll preparation for FD review
- Deputising for FD whilst on annual leave
- Weekly payment run review prior to MD approval
- Final approval of payments on the bank
- Managing and assisting team with general processing enquiries
- FX monitoring and trading
- Cashflow reporting
- Any additional duties as required
Qualifications and skills
- Qualified ACCA/ACA with a minimum of three years previous relevant experience
- Knowledge using Microsoft BC or similar ERP systems
- Knowledge using Sage Payroll
- Excellent IT skills including all Microsoft Office programs.
- The post holder will require a complex set of skills - must be a combination of process driven, dynamic, forward thinking, and analytical with a high level of flexibility & adaptability
- Strong administrative skills, with the ability to multi-task in a busy environment, meet deadlines and maintain a high attention to detail.
- A demonstrable knowledge of relevant financial accounting reporting rules.
- Excellent communicator with internal and external stakeholders and strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Up to date knowledge of accounting/HMRC regulations
- Confident and able to make informed decisions
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.