Exciting opportunity to work within large public sector organisation, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Your new company
A large public sector organisation based in Sheffield.
Your new role
As Management Accountant, your role will take the lead on budget setting and monitoring processes in accordance with corporate timetables. You will develop the accountancy function to contribute to overall financial objectives. You'll be responsible for providing day to day leadership & support to the Management Accounting Team. You'll always act in accordance with organisational financial regulations, instructions, procedures and guidelines at all times.
Budget setting - Lead budget setting process, provide clear direction to subordinates, ensure growth, savings and changes are captured and actioned, lining in with Finance Business Partners.
Line management - providing direction and leadership, proactively manage performance, set clear and stretching objectives, provide feedback, training and development opportunities.
Budget monitoring - lead and coordinate month end processes, monitor completion of monthly procedures, maintain the Capital Programme, coordinate no-statutory returns, ensure full compliance
KPI's - update and monitor for the team, review performance
System control - support development, creation and amendment of financial reports, contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, coordinate testing of systems
What you'll need to succeed
- You'll be a CCAB/CIMA qualified accountant
- Have recent and strong budget setting experience, with large budgets
- Significant and recent management accounts experience
- IT Literacy, including strong Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of leading a team
What you'll get in return
- Generous annual leave allowance - 32 days rising to 34 days after 5 year's service (for permanent roles) + bank holidays
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Generous 'family' leave
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.