At Vistra, we believe our clients’ businesses and people can make a difference in the world. That’s why our work is focused on helping our clients act with confidence and speed to seize opportunity wherever it arises. As a global corporate service provider and fund administrator with more than 5,000 professionals in over 45 jurisdictions, we empower legal entities globally to work smarter, grow faster, act responsibly, protect capital and scale across borders — by doing what we do best: reducing risk and enhancing efficiency.
We support our clients over six sectors: Private Equity, Real Estate, Capital Markets, Corporate, Company Formation and Private Wealth and deliver value across three service lines:
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Advisory and Transaction Support
- Finance, Accounting and Administration
We grow when you grow, and we succeed when we work together across boundaries and borders, as one team. So, our promise to our clients is the same to you: working together, we will give you the confidence, the tools and the support to achieve your ambitions and leverage your unique skills — to seize your opportunity and help make a difference in the world.
So, what do you think? If you are excited about working with us and think you can get the job done but not quite sure if you meet all the requirements 100%, we want to encourage you to give it a try OR have an informal chat with one of our Talent Acquisition representatives.
Our opportunity for you:
Vistra UK is currently recruiting for a Senior Audit Manager who will work within the existing team to manage statutory audits for typically internationally focused companies largely operating in the technology sector. This role is UK based with some travel within the UK. The audit team consists of 22 individuals either qualified or in training. We are a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial business with ambitions to be the market leader in corporate services globally. We have exciting plans for 2023 led by our new CEO Simon Webster.
- To become integral to the management team of the department involved in planning, budgeting and scheduling work
- To manage a portfolio of international high-profile clients
- Working with the audit team to manage external audits under UK GAAP and International Auditing Standards
- To be involved in training of the audit team
- Line manager to 3-4 staff including performance appraisals and ongoing support
- To provide technical support to the team and the wider Vistra accounting team
Attributes/ Technical Skills:
- [The person concerned will have the following attributes and abilities
- Enthusiastic and driven to improve themselves
- Significant amount of audit experience whilst training in a top 20 firm
- Technically excellent
- Experience of training staff
- Capable of motivating and encouraging a team
- Has a can-do attitude and hands on approach
- Experience of Due Diligence assignments would be an advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP would be an advantage
- Strong Microsoft office skills – Excel and Word
- Ability to pick up with ease new systems and working practices
- Knowledge of CaseWare accounting software, but not essential
- A qualified accountant with significant audit exposure, 5 plus years of post-qualification experience within a professional practice environment including the managing of a portfolio of audit clients
Education and Professional Qualification:
Our promise to our clients is simple: we help them seize opportunity and make a difference in the world. It’s the same to you.
Make a difference — seize your world of opportunity with Vistra!
LET’S GROW TOGETHER.