SME Manufacturing subsidiary of a wider group seeking interim Cost/Management Accountant - ASAP START
Your new company
A leading UK specialist manufacturer, subsidiary of a wider group, based in Sheffield are looking to appoint an interim Cost Accountant to support the finance team with profitability understanding and set up and analysis of materials billing and costs.
Your new role
Joining the organisation to replace a departing Management Accountant working closely with the Operations team, the role is a key role to setup the billing of materials and understand profitability of a specific product area of the operation.
This role is initially an ongoing role for a few months with the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Time in motion studies to understand how long processes take in the operation
- Create BOMs for all processes in the new ERP system (Epicor)
- Costing of new products
- Understand true profitability of each customer
What you'll need to succeed
The following attributes would describe the ideal candidate for the role:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) will consider part qualified/qualified by experience
- Costing experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Strong organisational skills keeping track of results to help improve accuracy
- Managing workload to achieve all duties
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills dealing with the operational team in the factory
What you'll get in return
Start date - ASAP.
This role is based on site in East Sheffield, however can offer some flexibility to individuals seeking a 4 day per week role and some flexibility around start/finish times.
The salary on offer is c.£40,000 p/a (c.£180 per day) however some flexibility will be available for a suitably qualified applicant.
Holiday entitlement is 32 days per annum with a 37.5 hour working week for full time applicants.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.