Interim Accounts Payable Manager with experience of running a team working with high volume of invoices
Your new company
You will be working for one of the largest housing organisation in the UK, and will be joining an organisation who truly invest in their people and housing in order for their customers to be the best they can be
Your new role
You will be working within a shared service centre environment and be responsible for supplier payments for the organisation. You will manage a long standing team of 8 accounts payable officers / Finance Assistants and support them in the processing of a high volume of invoicing. You will be leading, developing and performing all HR functions such as appraisals etc. There are KPI's management as well for the team.
The organisation is a growing organisation so being able to keep on top of the invoicing is very important.
- Provide line management to a small team of Finance Assistants x 8
- Deliver an accounts payable service to our internal customers, in line with agreed customer requirements, to support the organisation to deliver its objectives.
- Delivers and provides a Learn, Change, Grow environment for the team, through support and development
- Develop strong relationships with peers (Transactional Finance Team Leaders) to share best practise, drive consistency and develop a common approach
- Ensure that all 3rd party invoices and credit notes, matching to purchase orders in line with processes and associated policies
- Ensure the organisation completes supplier statement reconciliations completed in line with the agreed SLA's
- Ensure all supplier queries and associated investigations completed and resolved as required
- Delivers KPI reporting to support outputs, reviews and analyses output to support continuous improvement and enhancement
- Delivers ongoing change through system enhancement, process and policy review
- Delivers an SLA environment, through collaborative working, completes open and honest reviews of the service, building positive relationships with internal customers, working towards a best in class service.
- All activity is processed in line with delegated authority and within the associated standing orders and financial regulations
- Continuous review of policies and processes to ensure compliance adherence
- Act at all times within organisations rules, policies, procedures, standing orders, financial regulations, health and safety legislation, and adhere to legislative and regulatory requirements
- Proactive approach and ability to work under their own initiative and or part of a team.
- Ensure financial information is delivered, or transactions are posted in the most efficient way, whilst maintaining accuracy and delivering to the required timetables.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of managing a small team, driving and supporting change.
- Experience of specialist support / service area, in a busy high-volume transactional finance team essential
- Has experience working within a customer service driven function
- Ability to focus on completing a task with accuracy within the agreed timescales Experience of working to Service Level Agreements (SLA's) building relationships and then reporting against performance, implementing remedial action as required.
- Confident communicating across both finance and non-financial stakeholder groups.
- Experience of delivering change in a fast pace, busy finance function
- Experience of driving and building teams to deliver a best in class service through an effective and efficient service.
- Able to communicate and challenge effectively
- Collaborative & results driven approach
- Is working towards a recognised vocational or professional Accountancy qualification or has equivalent practical experience
- Educated to degree level, or with equivalent experience
What you'll get in return
Initially there is 6-12 weeks on interim support required, but there is a permanent role available from the 1st of July. The ideal scenario is that the interim role goes well and then a successful hire into the permanent position.
Perm salary is approx. 39k basic, with 27 days leave, £500 wellness voucher, pension, and a bonus based on company and personal targets.
The role is a hybrid role with every Monday in the office. Then another 1/2 days per month in the office as well to be arranged when required.
There is travel to the Head office which is around a 2 hour journey from the base office required every other month as well.
The organisation have a great culture, and you will be part of a wider team of other Team Leaders who support each other.
Progression and promotions when permanent as well.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.