Mazars is a leading international audit, tax and advisory firm. Operating as a united global partnership, we work as one integrated team, leveraging expertise, scale and cultural understanding to deliver exceptional and tailored services in audit and accounting, as well as tax, financial advisory, consulting and legal services.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping the future of audit.
About the role
Due to strong growth and expansion, we are looking to recruit an Audit Partner into our Privately Owned Business team in Manchester. Here you will work closely with local and national partners to further develop and build this audit team, client offering and input into our wider strategy for sustainable growth. You will also work closely with clients and be committed to providing an exceptional audit service.
- Leading the client service management team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
- Technical expert, providing advice and leadership to the audit team and client.
- Overseeing client audits and ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner within budget.
- People management – coaching, feedback, performance management, training and development, engaging high performing teams.
- Maintains control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Presenting audit opinion summaries and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
What are we looking for?
- Holds significant experience of leading external audits managing a portfolio of clients and leading audit teams.
- Prior experience of working at Director level
- Client relationship management experience
- Up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102 and IFRS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills as well people and team management skills
- Previous success of winning new business
Mazars & me
We want everyone to be rewarded and enriched by their professional life. So we come together to pioneer new ways of working; promoting psychological safety, flexibility with how you work – trusting you to make the right choices for the team, clients and the business – and balance in stimulating modern workspaces. We offer core benefits and then give people the opportunity to tailor extra benefits to suit their individual needs.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self and provided with a level playing field.