Your new company
A public sector organisation based in Suffolk offers hybrid working (c1 day a week in the office) to an experienced and qualified local government internal auditor at Principal Auditor level.
Your new role
- You will be primarily supporting the Head of Internal Audit with day-to-day management/support of the team including peer review, workload progress, reporting and management.
- You will also pick up some hands-on audits investigations and reviews, with a focus on Operational Risk-Based audits and more complex audits across a range of council services.
- You will supervise the audit team, mentoring, supporting, developing, and training members of the team
- You will also be required to deputise for the Audit Management team and represent Audit Management at Committees as appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need to be a qualified accountant or Auditor (ACCA, ACA, CPFA, CIMA, IIA) or nearly qualified, with a number of years' experience gained within local government Internal Audit.
- You will also have the level of experience to support with day to day team management and be comfortable in supporting the Audit team.
What you'll get in return
- Hours of work are 37 per week, Monday to Friday with on average 1 day working in the office.
- Salary £38-40000, depending on experience
- Excellent holidays and a range of discounts and benefits including subsidised parking, free swimming and subsidised gym.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.