Our audit practice aspires to be a market leader in the Crown Dependencies. We support our clients in navigating their regulatory environment and help them establish meaningful and practical solutions for their businesses. We aim to provide future-proofed careers by enabling our curious professionals to use cutting-edge practices and technologies to reach our ambitious growth targets. As well as delivering work that positively impacts our clients, our internal teams, and our internal communities.
As an Audit Assistant Manager you will:
- Be the main point of contact for your portfolio of clients you will be expected to develop excellent knowledge of their operations and the internal and external market factors that affect them through building deep meaningful relationships
- Ensure the timely delivery of engagements through effective planning and project management, raising concerns to senior team members as early as possible.
- Effectively utilise resources to ensure the delivery of excellent service to clients and guarantee efficiency within engagement teams
- Coach, develop and mentor peers and junior team members to support their development and the delivery of effective engagement services
- Develop and maintain effective relationships within our KPMG Crown Dependencies firm and the wider KPMG network
- Proactively seek quality feedback to understand your progress against your development goals and proactively support team members in doing the same
The skills and experience you will need to thrive as an Assistant Manager
- Time and exam qualified accountant - ACA or ACCA or country equivalent professional qualification.
- At least 3 years experience in an external financial statements audit capacity
- Experience in-charging external audits from planning through to completion.
- External audit experience in Financial Services is an added advantage but not essential.
- Up to date technical knowledge of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and/or UK standards
- Strong spoken, listening and written English
- Strong IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel and Word
- Strong project management skills including decision-making, critical thinking, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation skills
- Demonstrable experience in coaching junior team members and peers
The advantages of growing your career in the Crown Dependencies
- Direct access to leadership from your first day
- Rapid career progression for excellent performers
- Growing opportunities to advance in non-standard career routes as we continue to meet our ambitious growth targets
- Exposure to industry leaders in a Financial Services centre of excellence
- Thriving social networks
- Scenic island locations with little to no commuting time
- Safe, friendly communities