We are delighted to be working with a leading organisation in the Cambridge region in recruiting to the newly created role of Financial Compliance Accountant. This new role has been generated due to the continued growth in activity and global development of the organisation and you will join a high calibre and established Financial Compliance team.
Purpose of the role
- To support the finance function and wider business ensure financial and business controls are in place and working effectively, focused on overseas locations in line with internal policies and procedures.
- To help ensure the design of controls, implementation of processes, and the control environment is appropriate and of a high standard, working collaboratively with finance and other departments to help achieve this.
- To assist in or lead on various ad hoc compliance projects required by Group Finance.
- Key accountabilities
- * Provide an accurate and timely compliance reporting service across the group for all overseas financial matters
- * Ensure reliable and cost-effective processes are in place to meet financial reporting deadlines, including the timely completion of audits.
- * Liaise with external providers providing local knowledge and support to the Group (within the business departments and Group Finance)
- * Support the tender process for new service providers for financial compliance
- * Assist in or lead ad hoc reviews, investigations and process improvement projects as required.
- Key relationships (internal and external)
- * Daily contact with immediate line manager, Assistant Director International Finance and Control, Group Finance Director and CFO.
- * Contact with key stakeholders both in Cambridge and overseas offices, including Internal Audit, Product Groups and Shared Services.
- * Contact with external advisors.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team that is actively growing and will continue to do so in the future., They support agile and remote working and offer up to 3 days per week working from home to support a positive work / life balance. Please contact me for further details.
Your new company
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.