This exciting role is to join a large Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) team in London. The ABA team is split into two sub-teams - Accounting, Insight and Advisory (AIA) and Accounting and Financial Reporting (AFR).
An Associate Director acts as the Accounting and Financial Reporting lead across portfolio of clients with responsibility for client service and quality of work. The Associate Director is expected to act as the key client contact and delegate work into the team. The role is a senior position within the leadership team, contributing to the smooth running of the department. A fundamental element of the role is the active coaching and development of the more junior members of the team,
A significant part of the role is contributing towards business development. An Associate Director will be given the time, coaching and support to grow the firm through identifying opportunities, introducing new clients and participating in broader multi-service line pitches.
We act for clients across a wide range of sectors including retail, media and technology, real estate and construction and energy and natural resources. With a personal, director/partner led approach we work as trusted advisers to a wealth of clients from owner-managed businesses to large corporate clients and partnerships.
If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you. We can offer a great salary and benefits package, but also the opportunity to work for an organisation that genuinely values you and will aid your development and progression.
- Lead the delivery of accounting and financial reporting services on a portfolio of clients. To work alongside other service lines such as Audit and Tax and report into the client relationship Partner on matters of additional advisory and client care. Expected to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Manage the working capital of the above projects including budgeting, cost management, billing and debt recoverability. To ensure resource is planned effectively and team members are briefed appropriately to deliver projects to clients in line with RSM’s quality guidelines and procedures.
- Actively coach and develop our team which includes acting as a line manager, mentor and performing job appraisals.
- Actively participate in business development. The Partner group will work with you to develop a coordinated business development plan.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute’s CPD requirements.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested
Personal and professional qualities
Once you start your RSM career, you’ll be welcomed into a community of professionals who’ll help you spark ideas, find new solutions and make you feel like you belong.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience must include:
- Fully Qualified Accountant – ACA/ACCA A strong understanding and experience of Financial Reporting Standards, LLP SORP and UK GAAP
- Good organisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of managing and oversee a team within financial services, including training, coaching, and performance management to enhance their skills and facilitate their professional growth
- Experience of managing a portfolio of client work within professional practice.
- Experience of preparing and reviewing consolidated workings and statutory consolidated group accounts
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook and advanced Excel
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, ensuring that their Accounts and Financial Reporting needs are met
- Xero or experience with other cloud accounting packages
- An understanding of data analytic tools such as Alteryx and/or Power BI
- Knowledge of CCH AP would be beneficial
A willingness to travel to client’s premises or other regional offices is required.