This exciting role is to join a large Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) team. The ABA team is split into three sub-teams - Accounting, Insight and Advisory (AIA), Accounting and Financial Reporting (AFR), and Financial Strategic Advisory (FAS).
We act for clients across a wide range of sectors including retail, media and technology, real estate and construction and energy and natural resources. With a personal, director led approach we work as trusted advisers to a wealth of clients from small owner-managed businesses to large corporate clients and partnerships.
If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you. We can offer a great salary and benefits package, but also the opportunity to work for an organisation that genuinely values you and will aid your development and progression
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members in the preparation of financial statements that are compliant with FRS 102, FRS 101, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards.
- Leading on delivering complex accountancy related projects for clients, e.g., IFRS transition consultancy work or supporting on acquisition accounting and complex consolidations
- Act as a focal point of contact with the clients. To communicate any problems or any contentious issues identified to the assignment manager and/or partner immediately. To identify and form suggested solutions.
- Managing a portfolio of clients, including budgeting, cost management, billing, and debt recoverability using FRS 102 Section 1a, FRS 102 and potentially IFRS and other relevant accounting standards such as UK GAAP
- Liaise with other departments within the office/region, especially the audit, VAT and corporate tax teams and ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Supervising team members through coaching, training, and mentoring to enhance their skills and facilitate their professional growth
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading
Personal and professional qualities
Once you start your RSM career, you’ll be welcomed into a community of professionals who’ll help you spark ideas, find new solutions and make you feel like you belong.
As an Assistant Manager will have the opportunity to build your skillset to support the growth of the firm through identifying opportunities and participating in broader multi-service line pitches.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience must include:
- Fully Qualified Accountant – ACA/ACCA Working experience of UK GAAP and financial reporting experience Good organisation skills, ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook and advanced Excel
- Experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Strong technical skills, including FRS 102 and FRS 105 experience
- Experience of supervising and developing team members through coaching, training, and mentoring to enhance their skills and facilitate their professional growth
- Xero or experience with other cloud accounting packages
- An understanding of data analytic tools such as Alteryx and/or Power BI
- Knowledge of CCH AP would be beneficial
A willingness to travel to client’s premises or other regional offices is required.