This exciting role is to join a large Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) team in London. The ABA team is split into two sub-teams - Accounting, Insight and Advisory (AIA) and Accounting and Financial Reporting (AFR).
The role is for a manager in our Accounting and Financial Reporting team. The team is responsible for the preparation of accounts for clients above the audit threshold and therefore a strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards, LLP SORP and UK GAAP is essential.
We act for clients across a wide range of sectors including retail, media and technology, real estate and construction and energy and natural resources. With a personal, director/partner led approach we work as trusted advisers to a wealth of clients from owner-managed businesses to large corporate clients and partnerships.
If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you. We can offer a great salary and benefits package, but also the opportunity to work for an organisation that genuinely values you and will aid your development and progression.
- Managing a portfolio of clients, including budgeting, cost management, billing, and debt recoverability using FRS 102, FRS 102 Section 1a and potentially IFRS
- Ensuring Financial Reporting Standards are adhered to while working with SMEs to large corporates
- Managing and developing team members through coaching, training, and mentoring to enhance their skills and facilitate their professional growth
- Project manage the end-to-end process of your engagements including driving the timeline, management of the client and team, the review process and overall delivery of the project
- Ensure resource is planned effectively and team members are briefed appropriately to deliver projects to clients in line with RSM’s quality guidelines and procedures
- Liaise with other departments within the office/region, especially the audit, VAT and corporate tax teams and ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain and develop client relationships, providing excellent client service at all times
- Actively look for opportunities to cross sell and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate
- Develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute’s CPD requirements
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested
Personal and professional qualities
Once you start your RSM career, you’ll be welcomed into a community of professionals who’ll help you spark ideas, find new solutions and make you feel like you belong.
As a Manager will have the opportunity to build your skillset to support the growth of the firm through identifying opportunities and participating in broader multi-service line pitches.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience must include:
- Fully Qualified Accountant – ACA/ACCA/CIMA A strong understanding and experience of Financial Reporting Standards, LLP SORP and UK GAAP
- Good organisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of managing a team within financial services, including training, coaching, and performance management to enhance their skills and facilitate their professional growth
- Experience of preparing and reviewing consolidated workings and statutory consolidated group accounts
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook and advanced Excel
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, ensuring that their Accounts and Financial Reporting needs are met
- Xero or experience with other cloud accounting packages
- An understanding of data analytic tools such as Alteryx and/or Power BI
- Knowledge of CCH AP would be beneficial
A willingness to travel to client’s premises or other regional offices is required.