This exciting role is to join a large Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) team in the North-West. The ABA team is split into three sub-teams - Accounting, Insight and Advisory (AIA), Financial Strategic Advisory (FAS), and Accounting and Financial Reporting (AFR).
Here at RSM we act for clients across a wide range of sectors including retail, media and technology, real estate and construction and energy and natural resources. With a personal, director led approach we work as trusted advisers to a wealth of clients from small owner-managed businesses to large corporate clients and partnerships.
If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you. We can offer a great salary and benefits package, but also the opportunity to work for an organisation that genuinely values you and will aid your development and progression.
- Manage and oversee the Accounting, Insight and Advisory (AIA) team
- Managing a portfolio of clients, including budgeting, cost management, and billing using FRS 102 and FRS 105 and other relevant accounting standards such as UK GAAP
- Managing and developing team members through coaching, training, and mentoring to enhance their skills and facilitate their professional growth
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact for your portfolio of clients, and to always practice the principles of excellent client service.
- Monitor and manage conflicting workloads for team members and prioritise requirements to ensure all deadlines are met
- Demonstrating an ability to project manage the end-to-end process of your engagements including driving the timeline, management of the client and team, the review process and overall delivery of the project
- Ensure resource is planned effectively and team members are briefed appropriately to deliver projects to clients in line with RSM’s quality guidelines and procedures
- Liaise with other departments within the office/region, to ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Actively own the risk management and take ownership for weekly client calls to establish a close working relationship with your primary client contacts
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading
Personal and professional qualities
Once you start your RSM career, you’ll be welcomed into a community of professionals who’ll help you spark ideas, find new solutions and make you feel like you belong.
As a Manager will have the opportunity to build your skillset to support the growth of the firm through identifying opportunities and participating in broader multi-service line pitches.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience must include:
- Fully Qualified Accountant – ACA/ACCA Working experience of UK GAAP and financial reporting experience
- Strong technical skills, including FRS 102 and FRS 105 experience
- Working knowledge of Sage, Xero, QuickBooks, and/or other cloud accounting packages
- Good organisation skills, ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of CCH or similar professional accounts preparation packages
- Experience of managing and oversee a team within financial services, including training, coaching, and performance management
- Experience of preparing consolidated workings and statutory consolidated group accounts
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook, and advanced Excel
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Experience of working with Non-Profits
- An understanding of data analytic tools such as Alteryx and / or Power BI
A willingness to travel to client’s premises or other regional offices is required.