- Location: Flexible
- Grade & Salary: £41,150 - £46,147 (Grade 7)
- Post number: 201679
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours. Part Time, Annualised Hours, Compressed Hours or Term Time Working considered - discussions at interview stage welcome.
Closing date: 18 June 2023
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post holder will provide sound financial advice to designated Heads of Business and Service. Helping them to prioritise resources to deliver appropriate activities across the organisation, ensuring that NRW meets its statutory duty and corporate objectives. This will often entail making difficult financial decisions that adhere to funding rules over the short and medium term.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Finance lead for the annual Budget and Business Planning process for your business areas.
- Responsible for providing advice to Heads of Business on 5-year medium term plans (by Funding Stream/Activity) adhering to funding rules.
- Support the monitoring of financial performance for your business areas, identifying areas of risk/opportunities and where necessary, re-forecasting.
- Provide expert financial advice and guidance on technically complex areas such as workforce planning, activities, and funding streams.
- Finance representative on internal and external Groups / Boards such as the Flood Risk Management Advisory Board and IDDs (relative to the business areas that you’re supporting), and
- Advocate compliance with our Financial Scheme of Delegation, identifying and then either resolving or referring issues to the specialists for resolution.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified CCAB approved qualification or qualified by experience.
- Experience working within Finance environment at a professional level.
- Knowledge of 'Managing Welsh Public Money' Principles & HMT's 'Classification of Receipts'.
- Understand a wide range of our business and environmental activities.
- Understand, interpret and provide advice and solutions on technical and complex financial matters and communicate the results to non-finance staff in an understandable and engaging way.
- Knowledge and understanding of our Finance Scheme of Delegation with an ability to advise others.