As an Interim Accountant, you will be responsible for providing temporary accounting support and expertise to organizations during periods of staff shortage, project implementation, or transitional phases. You will play a crucial role in ensuring accurate financial records, compliance with regulations, and timely reporting. Your expertise will contribute to maintaining financial stability and guiding decision-making processes. Responsibilities:
- Financial Analysis: Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements, budgets, and variances, identifying areas for improvement and providing recommendations.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and review financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and other relevant financial documents.
- General Ledger Management: Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts, ensuring accuracy and completeness of transactions.
- Month-End and Year-End Close: Facilitate the month-end and year-end closing processes, including journal entries, accruals, and financial statement preparation.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with management to develop accurate budgets and forecasts, monitoring performance against targets and providing insights.
- Internal Controls: Assess internal control processes, identify weaknesses, and implement improvements to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Audit Support: Coordinate and assist with internal and external audits, providing necessary documentation and explanations.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes and systems, implementing streamlined procedures where applicable.
- Compliance: Stay updated with relevant accounting standards, laws, and regulations, ensuring adherence and timely implementation of changes.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other departments, such as finance, operations, and management, to provide financial expertise and support decision-making processes.
- (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) or QBE.
- Proven experience as an Accountant or in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and regulations (e.g., GAAP, IFRS).
- Proficient in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Experience with ERP systems and accounting software (e.g., SAP, Oracle, QuickBooks).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and organizational needs.
- Knowledge of industry-specific regulations and compliance standards is a plus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.