New opportunity for an AAT/QBE accounts senior with Top 20 Newbury practice!
AAT Accounts Senior
Your new company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based in Newbury, Abingdon, Hungerford and Swindon. They are ambitious people, united in their mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Your new role
The Accounts Senior will work with Client Managers and Directors to deliver accounting and technical support with a focus on VAT and management accounts to a range of limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. They will support the development of Accounts Trainees and other junior staff as appropriate. The role includes:
- Preparation of VAT returns for clients and assisting clients with book-keeping and management information
- Review of VAT returns prepared by more junior members of staff
- Researching VAT issues and update staff on any changes in legislation etc changes involving VAT Making Tax Digital and other developments
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Provide accounting software training and supporting clients with accounting software issues
- Support Client Managers and Directors with the delivery of technical knowledge
- Mentor and support the development of Trainees in a clear and concise manner, identify and solve knowledge gaps
- Preparation of year end accounts for small limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Draft corporation and income tax computations.
What you'll need to succeed
- Essential: AAT or qualified by experience
- Essential: Previous experience working in a practice environment
- Essential: A minimum of two years relevant experience
- Desirable: Background working in a corporate environment.
* Self motivated * Organised and able to meet deadlines * Business Motor Insurance if required to drive to other premises for work purposes
- Essential: Microsoft Office, Accounting Software Packages
- Desirable: Digita Suite, SAGE, QuickBooks, Xero, Virtual Cabinet, DEXT, Auto Entry.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll also benefit from a comprehensive benefit package. This includes hybrid working, enhanced holiday with the option to purchase more, a wellbeing programme, healthcare, pension and life assurance. This is complimented by support with up to 2 professional subscriptions and a cycle to work scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.