We are currently looking for a Pensions Audit Assistant in the Audit & Assurance Pensions department in our Farnborough Office.
Reporting to the Audit Managers, the Audit Assistant’s role will be to provide audit services to clients and form an integral part of the Pensions and CASS audit team.
Your primary role will be to deliver audit work to the managers within the team. The objective is for the team to deliver a full audit process to our pensions and CASS audit clients.
The successful candidate could have a background in accounting, but this is not a requirement. The candidate will be required to provide a high-quality service to the Management including making a positive contribution to the development of the Firm’s Pensions audit offering. You will be expected to develop strong client and team relationships and take on tasks and responsibilities within a team.
This role is headed up by Charlotte, you may find out more about Here
Why Join Menzies?
- We are a UK based recognised employer of choice with office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire, and South Wales (Cardiff).
- Join our family of 500 employees. Be a member and not just a number!
- We offer a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors
- Our package and benefits are very competitive
- Work life balance is part of our organisational culture,
- We believe in developing our staff throughout their career
To find more about our benefits read Here
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for carrying out pensions and CASS audit work including
- Reconciling investment units, movements and valuations to supporting investment statements and the pension scheme accounts.
- Agreeing member movements to supporting documentation
- Summarising benefit payments made
- Summarising monthly pensions payments from records and agreeing to accounts
- Assisting with preparation of reports
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of your senior staff member
- Work with others to discuss issues and obtain assistance as required
- Where appropriate develop and supervise junior trainees
- GCSE's Maths and English
- Accounting qualification would be desirable such as AAT
- Excellent communications skills written and verbal
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Willingness to contribute as part of the team
- Good time management and organisational skills
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated, and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies, we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CVs as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.