Are you a Qualified or Part-Qualified Audit Senior?
We are looking for an Audit Senior to join our Solent office Audit team.
We would consider Qualified or Part Qualified candidates with ideally 2 years' work experience and professional exam stage completed, so if in doubt, please apply to discuss your level of experience further.
The purpose of this role is to play a key part of the audit team ensuring that audit planning, fieldwork and completion is performed to a sufficient standard, ultimately resulting in the ability for Menzies to sign audit reports.
- Planning, execution and completion of audits reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required.
- Co-ordinate planning with clients, including liaising with relevant departments within the firm.
- Communicating and building relationships with clients and related third parties.
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Business development including promoting the firm and its services to the existing client base and prospects.
- Development and supervision of trainees.
- ACA / ACCA / CA qualified or part-qualified accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Recent experience in Audit and Assurance within an accountancy practice
- Experience of leading external audit assignments from planning to completion stages under International Standards on Auditing
- Experience of preparing accounts in accordance with UK GAAP
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with senior staff and clients
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite – Intermediate/Advanced user of Word and Excel.
- Motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across
- Sound knowledge of key risks applicable to specific audits and aware of own limitations and when to ask for assistance