Tenacious FP&A Manager with experience in line management
An independent family-owned company with global market leadership (44,500 people, an annual turnover of 21.6 billion euros) in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions, and related services. You'll be joining a growing organisation in the UK of over 250 associates at one of the UK's leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. We encourage development and progression both within individuals and in the business by constantly moving forward and are open to acquisitions that help to strengthen our skills and offerings to also provide the best for our customers and our associates. If you are looking for a company that has a long-term vision and cares about its people and the planet, then look no further.
ARE YOU THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
This role supports the Group (6 reporting operating companies 3 in the UK, and 3 in Europe with 2 new acquisitions onboarding this year with circa 370 associates) with financial reporting, analysis and insights that drive business performance. Your role will be broad and hands-on, you will work closely with non-financial stakeholders across the Group to support the decision-making in the business and drive business performance. Leading a team with 3 direct reports, you will have overall responsibility for delivering all reporting and analysis to both our shareholders and internally to senior management.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Management of the team including setting objectives, driving performance, and supporting development.
- Lead month-end reporting cycle to deliver management accounts, ensuring integrity of numbers in line with the Company goals.
- Coordinate the budget/forecast process and drive engagement and understanding from senior management.
- Deliver a monthly rolling high-level opex forecast and supporting processes to support cost control.
- Introduce a KPI dashboard that monitors the financial performance of the entire business.
- Deliver all additional reporting required by our shareholders and understand the wider Group to ensure data provided is insightful. Connect relevant Group stakeholders to Organisations KPI's so performance can be managed.
- Turn data into accurate, reliable, and relevant operational information to support business decision making by identifying risks, trends and opportunities.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with non-financial stakeholders by supporting and challenging to ensure optimal operational and performance decisions.
- Build strong commercial knowledge of the business and external market.
- Support on key strategic projects across the business
- Any additional requests by Senior Finance Team
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- At least 3 years' experience working in management accounting/FP&A
- Advanced Excel, modelling & PowerPoint skills
- Ideally previous team management/leadership experience
- Exceptional communication skills, being able to explain, at times, complex information in a clear, concise and informative manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, challenge, negotiate and champion whilst building strong working relationships