Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with a highly successful group business to recruit a new Credit Manager to their team. This company are a family owned operation and pride themselves on the positive office culture they have developed.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role will be to oversee and credit operations for 5 businesses across a vast multi-site set-up, and a varying customer base. Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Managing a Team of 6 Credit Controllers
- Overseeing the effective collection of Company debt
- Reviewing all New Accounts and setting appropriate Credit Limits
- Reviewing existing Credit Limits
- Provide ongoing support & training for Credit Controllers
- Prepare Month End Reports for the Finance Manager, to include commentary on Debtors Days & Aging of Debt
- Measure Departmental performance with agreed KPI's
- To be responsible for the maintaining & collection of debt associated to Key/Major Clients
- Any other reasonable ad hoc duties
This is a fully office based role working 37.5 hours per week between Monday and Friday.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have:
- A positive and flexible attitude with the ability to act on their own initiative.
- Experience of working within and managing a large team
- Excellent problem-solving skills for timely and efficient resolution of invoice queries
- Experience of working well under pressure, prioritise workload, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- A basic level of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with using accounts software packages such as Sage 50 and Sage 200 (would be useful)
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance (rising with service)
- Option to buy extra holidays
- Group pension
- Life assurance
- Annual Salary review - takes place each January
- Life Insurance 2 x annual salary
- Free onsite parking
- Employee assistance programme
- Training and progression opportunities
- Family run and well established, secure company (trading over 80 years)
- Open door policy
- Employee Referral scheme
- Benefits scheme (discounted retailers scheme)
- Corporate Eyecare Scheme through Specsavers
- Message the MD/CEO/Staff Satisfaction Survey
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.