Your new company
A Local Government organisation based in the South West region offer mostly remote working (around once a fortnight in the office) to an experienced public sector Auditor with some staff management experience. This role is more about planning, managing a small team and reviewing their work, with some hands-on auditing.
Your new role
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, professional standards, policies, best practice and key developments in local government in general and the internal audit and risk management professions.
- Positively manage staff
- Develop the risk based audit plan
- Lead on, and take responsibility for, the effective delivery of the plan.
- Responsible for developing, leading, and managing audit reviews, including Value for Money (VFM), Consultancy, fraud and special investigations and to undertake high level and complex audit assignments
- To produce written reports at the completion of an audit and clearly present issues, conclusions and make recommendations for improvements.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have experience in Public Sector Audit either gained in a public practice team or within a public sector organisation.
- You will ideally be ACA, ACCA, CIPFA qualified and IIA/CIA qualified
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels within the organisation and manage a small team.
What you'll get in return
Salary £43-46000 plus generous pension and holidays and excellent work life balance
Hybrid working according to business needs, will average out at about 2 days a month in the office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.