JOB TITLE: Finance Manager
BASED: Knightsbridge, London
HOURS: 37.5 per week, flexibility around start and finish time and potential for hybrid working after probation period
SALARY: up to £60,000 per annum
ABOUT THE TEAM
INEOS Grenadiers is a British-based professional cycling team that races Internationally between February and October. We have a London and a North West base in the UK and a team of approximately 130 staff and riders based around the world. We’re a fast moving sports team belonging to an expanding INEOS Sport portfolio. We have an excellent staff pension scheme through our parent company, INEOS and offer enhanced maternity pay.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified Chartered Accountant to develop the new role of Finance Manager for the INEOS Grenadiers cycling team. This new role will be a key person in a small Finance Team, working closely with our Management Accountant and our Director of Business Operations to manage the day to day financial operations for the cycling team. Primary responsibilities include internal reporting, budgeting, forecasting and cash control. This person be an essential support to the Senior Management Team and Heads of Department, ensuring full and accurate financial insights are available too enable rapid budget decision making.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Development of annual budgets and forecasting by department.
- Cash flow management, timely production of departmental reports that are relevant and inform our Senior Management Team and Heads of Department.
- Provide a monthly reporting and forecasting process with all stakeholders, with responsibility for development of this system to meet the needs of the team.
- Handling all team expenses, monthly submissions and software packages.
- Supporting the financial deliverables for the annual re-registration of the team with the International Governing body.
- Review and testing of financial control procedures, identifying and implementing potential simplification and automation of processes.
THE PERSON IN THIS ROLE HAS
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail and organisational skills
- Proactive problem solving and use of initiative
- Effective communicator
- Team player
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience using accounting software
- Budgeting and forecasting across financial statements
- Experience working in elite sport is desirable, or an interest in developing a career in this area
EDUCATION, TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS
- Soon to be qualified or qualified chartered accountant with 1 – 3 years post qualification experience
- Right to work in the UK
The INEOS Knightsbridge offices offer access to a well equipped gym, and changing facilities.