Senior Financial Accountant - Colchester - Hybrid 2-3 days/3-2 WFH Excellent Career Progression & Benefits
Your new company
Market leading international group with offices near Colchester, Essex, are, due to continued organic growth, working with Hays on an exclusive basis to recruit a Qualified ACCA/ACA/CPA Accountant to join the business as Senior Financial Accountant.
Your new role
Reporting into the Finance Director the Senior Financial Accountant will manage a team of two and take responsibility for financial and management reporting for a highly successful division which has market leading businesses.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop a small finance team of talented accountants (2)
- Taking control of month-end & year-end audits
- Group reporting & balance sheet control
- Liaising with internal & external stakeholders to ensure integrity of period end reporting
- Reviewing, updating and enhancing procedures, reporting, controls and systems.
- Manage and develop the financial accounts activities to ensure strong balance sheet control
- Ensure correct application of Group Accounting Policies
- Point of contact for the business on accounting matters
What you'll need to succeed
The Senior Financial Accountant will be a qualified accountant with good technical knowledge and experience gained in audit or accounting gained with an audit firm and having had exposure to a good mix of businesses.
Excellent communication skills, strong analytical, IT and problems solving skills.
Inquisitive and proactive
Good time management skills able to prioritise work.
Ambitious and eager to further develop their skills and experience and progress within a business.
What you'll get in return
The Senior Financial Accountant will be offered a highly competitive salary, structured personal development programme, hybrid working ( 2/3 days office 3/2 days wfh) flexi start and finish times and exceptional benefits package which include
* 25 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, plus bank holidays
* Medical cover
* Life assurance
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Discounted gym membership
* Generous pension scheme
* Volunteering policy and charity matching
* Employee Assistance programme
* Mentoring programme
* Extended Parental Leave policy
* 50% Discount on products
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.