In a nutshell: Our professional services team is growing rapidly due to their continued success. This role is ideal for a part qualified accountant who is looking to accelerate their career in becoming a chartered accountant.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Supporting a diverse client portfolio from UK Top 100 law firms to sole legal practitioners.
- Coaching and supporting junior team members.
- Using your commercial mind to identify financial and tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Planning, preparing, and completing year-end accounts, tax computations and tax returns.
No two days will ever be the same as our diverse client base brings new challenges and opportunities daily.
- Enjoys having a laugh, whilst working hard and being part of a supportive team.
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind.
- A natural ability to build rapport quickly with clients and other employees across the firm.
- Knowledgeable of accounts preparation, tax compliance for various business entities.
- Adept user of accounts and tax return software
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include:
Financial benefits - Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits - Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family and cycle to work.
Other benefits- Perks at work shopping platform, bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.