- KPMG in the Crown Dependencies
- Guernsey (GB) (GG)
- Closing date
- 6 Jun 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Our audit practice aspires to be a market leader in the Crown Dependencies. We support our clients in navigating their regulatory environment and help them establish meaningful and practical solutions for their businesses.
We aim to provide future-proofed careers by enabling our curious professionals to use cutting-edge practices and technologies to reach our ambitious growth targets. As well as delivering work that positively impacts our clients, our internal teams, and our internal communities.
We are looking for a manager with financial services experience to lead on a specific portfolio of clients.
As an Audit Manager you will be responsible for:
- Planning the execution of audit fieldwork and reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Acting as the primary point of contact for your client portfolio and developing meaningful relationships
- Project management of all aspects of an audit including setting and monitoring timetables, budgeting, fees, team communication and management, supervision of fieldwork and effective performance development
- Escalating audit engagement concerns to the Engagement Lead in a timely manner
- Overseeing and directing budgeting, planning and resourcing of engagements to ensure maximised utilisation and recoverability
- Directing, coaching and mentoring team members to support the provision of effective service delivery and timely completion of engagement work
- Promoting and emphasising audit quality Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Promoting and advocating a healthy work/life balance
The skills and experience that you will need to thrive as an Audit Manager:
- At least 2 years’ experience leading external financial audits in a managerial capacity ACA or ACCA or country equivalent professional qualification
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of FRS 102 and/or IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of expertise
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to coach, mentor and manage teams of varying sizes and provide constructive feedback
- Promote and advocate a healthy work/life balance
- Language requirements are excellent spoken, listening and written English
The advantages of growing your career in the Crown Dependencies:
- Direct access to leadership from your first day
- Rapid career progression for excellent performers
- Growing opportunities to advance in non-standard career routes as we continue to meet our ambitious growth targets
- Exposure to industry leaders in a Financial Services centre of excellence
- Thriving social networks Scenic island locations with little to no commuting time
- Safe, friendly communities
KPMG in the Crown Dependencies offer training opportunities in Guernsey, the Isle of Man and Jersey.
- 01534 888891
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert