Senior Accounting Manager - Hybrid Working (2 days Wolverhampton) - £75K - Perm Job
Your new company
You will be working for one of the largest housing organisation in the UK as a Senior Accounting Manager, working 2 days in Wolverhampton and 3 days from home.
Your new role
As Senior Accounting Manager you will be reporting to the Head of Finance & Accounting, and you will be responsible for running the Accounting service in a shared service environment. After mergers between different housing organisations, this is a new service launched recently, an imperative part of the Finance transformation delivery, bringing significant improvement and control to the recording of financial information.
You will be managing a team of 10 directly plus another 7 indirectly, and strong people skills are essential for the success of the role.
Duties will involve:
- Control and manage the month end process and timetable, securing the completion of 1st Draft management accounts
- Overseeing the statutory accounts, audit and year end process
- Responsible for all activity within the "record" part of R2R.
- Manage the process of preparation of "standard & subjective journals" and posting - ensure appropriate controls are in place and followed.
- Accountable for and monitoring service through KPI's with a particular attention to correcting journals - continually striving to drive down numbers and line items, through process enhancement and continuous improvement.
- Manage and lead through SLA's & Service Review meetings with our internal customers, building relationships and drive remedial action where service levels fall short of the required levels, striving to work smarter not harder
- Build and manage appropriate processes to prepare balance sheet reconciliations as defined in Balance Sheet rec policy, in line with agreed SLA's
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified finance professional and have previous experience of working at Senior Manager / Financial Controller / Director level. You should have strong finance controls experience, as well as excellent people management skills.
What you'll get in return
There is a great salary on offer of £70000 - £75000, up to 10% performance bonus, as well as flexible working options and a great benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.